This is my first blog entry. I have been thinking of posting my thoughts on the web for a while but never made it a priority. But I have had an energy spirt in the past week and seem to have a lot more time to do things. This seems to have coincidee with a conversation I had with my kids last week when we spoke about the need to watch less TV. TV does little for us and it robs us of so much time. Like gravity, once you get out of its grasp it doesn't have much of an attraction. For me, if I sit on the couch and begin watching TV, it can be hours be fore I stop; yet if I go outside, my mind is not preoccupied with wondering what might be on the TV.
Accordingly, I set a goal to watch less TV. Inititally, it was to not watch TV for all of June but subsequently changed to a target of 1 hour a day. Iit is amazing the things I accomplished although by the end of the weekend, I was so tired that in the evening I succumbed and did watch about 5 hours of TV. I was only going to watch a hour tonight but the Pittsburgh-Detroit hockey game went into double overtime and I have it on as it may be the last game.
Why am I blogging? I need a place to write down my thoughts with the hope that I will be heard and maybe make a difference. But inside I know, that I need to hear me; the audience is just a distraction.
I am fifty four years of age and for the past year, I have been talking about retiring in the fall of 2009. I remember a long time ago, the thought of retirement was unthinkable. But it is here now and I have to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life.
And that has lead to some deep thinking. I labelled my blog Do I Care? because it is something I am asking myself. I am pessimistic about where the world is heading and feel that I could be doing something about it. But what? How much do I care? In the next few posts I will attempt to expand on this topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment